Tuesday, October 23, 2012

World Series Preview

I guess I should preface this by saying I don't follow a baseball team, don't pay attention to the regular season at all, and really had no clue what baseball was until I just looked it up on Wikipedia. My previous knowledge of baseball mostly consisted of thinking that getting to third base meant scoring with a chick... I guess it still does but...

Anyway, your World Series this year pits your Detroit Tigers against your San Francisco 49ers Giants. Most  "professionals" agree that on paper at least the Tigers have a clear advantage lead by the-best-pitcher-to-ever-live Justin Verlander and Triple Crown winner Miguel Cabrera. 

Verlander has accomplished pretty much everything but winning a World Series.
However, the Giants have faced imminent elimination six times this post season and have always battled back. It's safe to say they can put up a decent fight against anyone. They always have some decent players in their own right in MVP Marco Scutaro and catcher Buster Posey.

How will the Tigers handle the Giants bullpen? How will the Giants play Tim Lincecum? Will the Tigers be prepared after 6 days of rest? (Tigers fans no doubt remember the extended rest preceding the '06 World Series and how that worked out.)

Like I said most people think the Tigers have a clear advantage but I think the Giants can hang in their a bit. I predict Tigers in 5.

There I talked about baseball.

1 comment:

  1. Finally.

    Even though the Tigers got their ass whipped last night, I still think they can win this series. Just take Game 2 at SF, and at least 2/3 at home.

    ReplyDelete