Friday, November 23, 2012

CFB weekend preview #13

I'm guest posting the weekend preview this week, so bear with me.*

#1 Notre Dame at USC

All Notre Dame has to do to go to the BCS title game is win Saturday. While a night game on the road might trip up some teams, the Irish have proven themselves pretty tough this season. USC's out to somewhat redeem its craptacular season, so you can bet it'll be bringing it all to the field. Unfortunately, the Trojans will be playing without their starter QB Barkley, so I'm gonna have to give this to Notre Dame. 

#4 Florida at #10 Florida State

Florida State's the favorite in this week's Shitty State Matchup. Despite the higher BCS ranking and their only loss coming from #3 Georgia, the Gators have been less than stellar offensively, as seen in their games against Louisiana-LaFayette and Missouri. I think Florida State will pull this one off.

#5 Oregon at #15 Oregon State

I don't know too much about this game, but based on what I do know, it should be interesting. Oregon is looking to rebound after a heartbreaking overtime loss to Stanford last week,and Oregon State has been playing solidly all season. I'm giving Oregon the edge in a likely close game.

My totally biased and completely non-objective look at #19 Michigan at Ohio State

The Wolverines and the Buckeyes come together for a nooner Saturday (ooh, sounds sexy). But I'm afraid the season has been leading to a Michigan win. OSU's had a handful of close games, and a couple of those were especially shameful (overtime for Purdue, really?). OSU has also been known to stumble when the pressure rises, so we'll see. I'm calling it for Michigan. 


* And no, I don't do spreads, 'cause I'm a lady.

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for filling in <3

    Ohio State is gonna cover though

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I prefer to call her Fetid-sy

      I thought you knew it was her when she called you Josl, haha

      Delete
    2. So many Korean avatars on this blog, it's hard to tell.

      Delete
    3. It is I Josl. I have come here to answer all your sports questions and concerns in an uninspiring way.

      Delete
    4. So if I'm inspired, did you fail? I just wrote a novel and composed a score after reading your picks. YOU LOSE. GOOD DAY, SIR. (Er, ma'am.)

      Delete
    5. I think I've failed either way. But I am happy to have inspired the next great American novel and, perhaps, the next great "American Idol" song.

      Delete
  3. I just hope that this is the start to another 8 game winning streak for OSU over Michigan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. would have been National Champs if it weren't for tattoos, shame

    ReplyDelete
  5. ;_; for the National Championship that never was

    ReplyDelete
  6. *pretend there's a .gif of a guy rolling around on the floor on fire here*

    -florida offense

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't usually run a QB keeper on 3rd and 17 but when I do, I'm Jeff Driskell

      Delete
    2. florida almost has more penalty yards than driskell yards

      Delete