Thursday, November 15, 2012

cfb weekend preview #12 - 2NE1 edition

This week I try to answer that age old question: How does one tie in college football with kpop?


#1 Kansas State at Baylor - (Can't Nobody)


Can't nobody slow down these Wildcats and Collin Klein? Certainly not the Baylor Bears, a team dead last in total defense. I'm not saying that sarcastically either, they are literally dead last in defense among all FBS teams. And yet Kansas St. is only favored by 13. Why? I really can't figure it out. Is there worry Collin Klein isn't 100% yet? Kansas State's defense isn't spectacular either but they're light years ahead of Baylor. 

Oh, it's because Baylor is ranked second in total offense. I really am reluctantly expecting Kansas St. to win here but the score is going to be 14,392 to 14,375. Kansas State should cover but just barely. Ain't nobody slowing down anyone in this game.

#13 Stanford at #2 Oregon - (It Hurts (Slow))


Stanford's defense has been built specifically to slow down Oregon's super powered offense so I expect them to be able to do just that. In the case of Oregon though, that only means losing by 20 (what the line is) as opposed to 40 at the half. I think it's safe to say Stanford is just a 'good' team. They don't stick out to me particularly in any one category. Stanford will cover here but losing by 20 will still hurt to a team built on defense.

#18 USC at #17 UCLA (I Don't Care)


I really don't. Lane Kiffin, perhaps the greatest pariah in college football, has lead a pre-season #1 team with a Heisman front runner to losses against Stanford, Arizona, and a thrashing by Oregon. Aren't you glad you stayed Barkley? And how's that transfer turning out for you, Silas Redd? You're certainly being noticed now... 

Anyway, USC is favored by 3 at home/away in this one. I'm going to take UCLA in this one as my upset special of the week/shoe in of the week/ lock of the week. Whatever you want to call it. USC is completely demoralized by this point after they had such high expectations. The only thing they have left to play for is an upset of Notre Dame. I don't think winning the Pac 12 South only to be crushed by Oregon again will exactly cut it. Meanwhile UCLA is playing with house money as it were and I'm sure are ecstatic for the chance to be boat-raced by the Ducks. 

UCLA actually has a decent offense while Southern Cal's defense has been stinking it up. For those reasons and others I don't care to list, UCLA will win the sort-of-but-not-really-upset.

Wake Forest at #3 Notre Dame (Go Away)


Can't Nobody make these awful Irish Go Away? See what I did there? Unfortunately we'll have to wait at least another week for that to happen as Notre Dame plays equally disgusting team USC next week. I'm checking my almanac but it doesn't look like a meteor will be striking Southern California anytime soon. 

There's really no other way to say it but Wake Forest is bad, really bad. Notre Dame is favored by 24 in this one and I can't really think of any good reason why they shouldn't cover. Wake Forest doesn't stop the run and they don't stop the pass. The only real thing they have going for them is that ND doesn't play that well at home for some reason. Maybe this is a look ahead game for ND? Perhaps, but even then Notre Dame isn't going to lose. If I was a betting man,, and I'm not, I'd take ND to cover any day, even today.

Ohio State at Wisconsin (I am the Best)


Wisconsin welcomes Ohio State to Camp Randall this year as 2 point favorites. The Badgers have been trouble for OSU in recent memory and this has all the markings of the same. Wisconsin is decent enough at stopping the run (13th) and the pass (34th). Ohio State on the other hand is 8th in rushing but 101st in passing so Braxton Miller is going to have to have an excellent game if the Buckeyes are to have any chance. (What's new about that statement?) 

Now, I'm going to pick Ohio State outright but bare with me so I don't sound like a complete homer. Miller has stepped up on the big stages so far this year like against Penn State. Also, Urban Meyer has the Bucks on an undefeated season and I doubt he would let the streak end against such a big rival like Wisconsin. The worst team on the field is Wisconsin's offense so I think Ohio State should be able to do just enough to keep Miller on the field to run down the clock. Ohio State wins 17-10 and proves they are still the best of the Big 10.

10 comments:

  1. Hahah, i was waiting for u to use I am the Best, and was not suprised it came down to Ohio State, let me Do a T-ara one:

    Kstate vs Baylor - Roly Poly - Kstate will roll over them
    Stanford vs. Oregon - dam i cant think of anymore,
    no wonder why u chose 2ne1 for this article

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol yeah it started with just kpop in general but I noticed the first 2 were 2ne1 so i just made the whole thing with them. they have the easiest songs for this lol

      Delete
    2. You could use "Why Are You Being Like This?" for USC

      Delete
  2. I, sir, will not bare with you. That would just prove Christi right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Northwestern-Mich. State: Run Devil Run away from that awfulness. (Oh, geez, it's 5-3 right now. I'm having flashbacks of Iowa-Penn State 2006.)

    Here's hoping Wake Forest will be genie for your wish.

    USC/UCLA will be a pillowfight, or, ahem, a pajama party. Seriously, I expect them to play two-hand touch.

    OK, I'm done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, replace NW-Sparty with Missississississippi State-Arkansas.

      And Michigan State got a pass TD! That's double digits this year (and only if you don't count the pick-sixes, like the one Maxwell threw earlier in the quarter).

      Delete
    2. hahaha i might have to use RDR if i do this again. could be a real awkward christmas in the kiffin household after lane fires monte :/

      Delete
  4. wow this OSU Wisky game is dope, wisky scared their dick will shrink or something if they run a playaction pass, everyone knows Montee Ball is getting it at that goal line

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that owns so hard osu stopped him from breaking the record. fire luke fickell needs to be a thing now

      Delete
  5. disappointed in the lack of dudes wearing confederate flags at this ol miss game

    ReplyDelete