Saturday, January 12, 2013

I'm lazy so I'm going to pick the lowest hanging fruit


I was rooting for the Broncos because like any Communist-hating American I wanted to see a Manning-Brady Superbowl. That out of the way though that was a really, really good game and I do feel unironically bad for Peyton. This was also a game that had some historical implications in it. It was the longest NFL game in 26 years and Trindon Holliday became the first player in playoff history to return both a punt and kickoff for a touchdown.



Looking forward to Monday I can bet the narrative is going to be some combination of the following:

Tebow has won more playoff games as a Bronco than Peyton Manning.

Manning has never won a playoff game in less than 40 degree weather.

John Fox's conservative play calling.

Status of Manning's arm.

I suggest you completely avoid Skip Bayless until after next week... Of course why are you listening to Bayless anyway?


Joe Flacco legitimately outplayed Manning, I'll give him that. He threw for over 300 yards and 3 touchdowns while his opponent 290, 3 TDs and 2 ints, the second one ended up being the dagger.

Of course it wasn't all doom and gloom in this game. You have to feel really good for Ray Lewis and him getting another ring would be awesome. While we're on the subject of Lewis can anyone translate this?



I think you've got to ask some questions about Fox's play calling in this game. You've got the greatest QB of all time, arguably with 2 time outs and 30 seconds and you take a knee? That's going to be looked at for a while, I think.


2 comments:

  1. Ray Lewis is a murderer. I hope he doesn't get another ring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As Terelle Pryor said, "Not everybody is a perfect person in this world. I mean, everyone does ... kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me. I just feel people need to give him a chance."

      Delete