Sunday, January 13, 2013

buckeyes give michigan first loss of the season



I'm filing this under the "shit I don't know anything about" category as I admittedly only follow college basketball in March but I have to mention this.




The only thing sweeter than being ranked #1 is stopping your arch-rival from getting that and that's just what the Buckeyes did.

Michigan came into Value City Arena (puke, really that building is shitty and old) the last unbeaten team in college basketball and a chance to become ranked #1 for the first time in 20 years.

Instead they saw that chance slip away after briefly becoming reality as a last second 3 missed.

Ohio State took Michigan off their game in a hurry, opening up with a 26-6 run and ending the first half 34-22.

In the second half however Michigan came back and with 6 minutes left in the game they were to tie it up.

With excellent defense from the reigning Big 10 defender of the year, Aaron Craft, the Buckeyes were able to run out the clock while limiting Michigan's scoring opportunities. Everything came to a head when that 3 I mentioned earlier, defended by Craft missed. OSU then made the 4 free throws the seal the deal.

I'm cautiously optimistic about OSU's chances in the tournament this year. Usually we enter it ranked #1 or #2 only to lose before we get to the Final Four. Maybe this year we won't be ranked so high and will better handle that pressure of being a high ranked seed.

Nah, who am I kidding. At least this year it'll be easier to not have OSU winning it all on my bracket.

No comments:

Post a Comment