Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Now if only we could ban Donald Sterling from life for... Life


New NBA commissioner Adam Silver has brought the hammer down pretty hard against infamous scumbag Donald Sterling.

During a press conference today Silver banned Sterling for life from any Clippers games or practices as well as anything else having to do with the NBA. He also fined him 2.5 million dollars that will be donated to charities that promotes anti-discrimination.

I thought it was notable that he went a step further and said he will do everything in his power to force a sale of the team. Sterling is currently the longest tenured owner in the NBA. While Silver cannot outright force a sale of the team I'm sure he can use his considerable influence to pressure the other owners to force a sale. Many owners have expressed concern that although they vehemently condemn Sterling's actions they worry that anything they might say that has been illegally recorded could come back to haunt them and result in their own forced sale of their team. In other words it could be a dangerous slippery slope.

If I was an owner I'd think to myself, "Am I one of the biggest douchebags to other walk to the Earth? Do I regularly say extremely vitriolic and hateful things to my mistress and allow it to be recorded and posted on TMZ? Then what do I have to worry about?"

For now I'm glad that at least some justice is happening. As I said in the last article, Sterling's lawyers are legendarily horrible people so it'll be interesting to see what acts of unmitigated evil they pursue now.

No comments:

Post a Comment