Sunday, August 3, 2014

Virginia Tech probably needs a new coach

The Gatorade represents mediocrity.

Ohio State's second game of the season is against Virginia Tech which made me realize Frank Beamer has been the coach their for just about as long as I've been alive. Cool.

For about as long as I've been into college football Virginia Tech has seemingly been considered one of the "better" teams out there, which honestly I don't really see why. Frank Beamer has a .672 winning percentage at VT which is obviously good but I'd just leave it there at "good". He has never won a title and has a 9-12 bowl record. I'm not trying to have this be a Frank Beamer bashing post, what I'm really just getting at is I think it's time for VT to get a new one.

Looking into it I almost feel like VT's perception as one of the better teams in college football has more to do with the ACC not really being that good as opposed to their individual performance. I will them give them tons of credit for playing extremely tough out of conference games like OSU this year and Alabama last year and LSU a few years back as well.

I can relate a lot to how many VT fans must feel. "Beamerball" is really similar to "Tresselball" in that it emphasizes strong defense and special teams and like us I feel like when a team has had the same coach for too long that program starts to get stagnant.

What I'm really trying to say is I don't like them and I hope we beat them by twenty points.

No comments:

Post a Comment