Monday, August 4, 2014

Former Ohio State receiver Brian Hartline gives perspective on Paul George injury


Brian Hartline suffered a nearly identical injury to Paul George his senior year in high school shortly after committing to Ohio State.

When I first saw Georges' injury I thought it could very well be career ending based on how gruesome it looked but after hearing this and other experts' opinions I'm starting to feel optimistic.
"I was reading everybody saying, 'Ah, his career might be over.' His career is not anywhere near over,"..."He'll be fine. He's a freak athlete. He'll do awesome, he'll work hard. That's my perspective."
Hartline, who sustained his injury was out for roughly 6 to 8 weeks but was up and running the following Spring, winning two hurdling championships.

I guess the human body is pretty amazing in what kind of punishment it can take. Maybe Hartline is right and the leg heal and be stronger than before.

No comments:

Post a Comment