Monday, July 28, 2014

After a rough weekend, I feel 100% better about Ray Rice

NFL senior vice president of labor policy Adolpho Birch alleviated many peoples' thoughts (including my own!) that the NFL had dropped the ball on Ray Rice and the bigger picture of sending a strong message that the NFL will not tolerate domestic violence. 
"But if it is a question about what the principle of the league is and what standards we stand by, that cannot be questioned. I think it is absolutely clear to all involved that the NFL does not condone domestic violence in any way and will not tolerate it in our league. I don't know how you can reach a conclusion other than that although I certainly respect the opinion."
There you have it, folks. The NFL doesn't support or condone domestic violence.  I can't tell you how nice it is knowing this after years of thinking they were pro-beating your wife. 

The alleviation train didn't stop there however:
"On balance, we reviewed all the materials, listened to the persons we listened to, took the input of the Players Association. When we looked on balance at all of that, we believe that discipline we issued is appropriate. It is multiple games and hundreds of thousands of dollars. I think that's fair to say that doesn't reflect that you condone the behavior. I think we can put that to rest."
I cannot stop laughing at that multiple. Just say it with me: "Multiple games"... How this person said that with a straight face is beyond me. They must truly believe that it's a fitting punishment.

When pressed for whether or not the league had seen some tape that no one else has seen yet, Mr. Birch wouldn't say.

I don't really want to write out how ridiculous this whole thing is because I believe that anyone with an ounce of a brain or humanity can see for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment