Thursday, August 22, 2013

the off-season takes a field trip

You can see the stadium from miles away in the city.
I've been meaning to post this for a awhile but never got around to it because I've been busy I've been too lazy.

The gist of it is I had to go to Austin and like any college football fan I knew I had to take a trip the university to see the football shit.  Unfortunately 90% of the pictures I took I couldn't upload either because they're not interesting or because they're shit (I only had my iPhone).

I knew the university is in the city but I didn't realize it's in the city. Like it's just a mile from the capital building. I mean like Ohio State is in Columbus, obviously, but its not downtown. At least I wouldn't say it is.

That's really more of a burgundy.
The "Vince Young Pwn Zone".
I really wanted to get as close to the field as I could but unfortunately this was as close as I could get. The first thing I thought was it was so much smaller than I imagined it would be. The way football is filmed on TV gives it an illusion that it's a lot bigger than it is in real life. I thought, "I could throw the ball the field here no problem".

One of the few pictures that didn't have my gay reflection in it.
The other cool thing I got to do was tour their trophy museum annex thing. Basically just a building to show off their shiny things like Heismans, rings, and other gaudy stuff. 

As a football fan though it was really cool because it's some serious history. Like I said though almost all the pictures had my reflection in the glass. I paid special homage to the Colt McCoy altar since we go way back. And that 12 year old could really sling the ball.

3 comments:

  1. But can Football Mecca exist outside the SEC?

    Also, I agree with Ohio State's stadium being in the city but not downtown. It's in the Giant Fucking Campus on the Edge of City neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. neil ave/11th > whatever their equivalent is.

      also if i would have been there a week later i could've been at that frat party johhny manziel was tossed out of.

      speaking of which, which is douchier a texas frat party or UVA frat?

      Delete
    2. Wow, I'm going to have to get back to you on that. I feel like that's one of those unsolvable philosophical questions.

      Delete