Thursday, March 21, 2013

maurice clarett your 2016 olympic rugby MVP

AK - check. 9mm - check. Grey Goose - check. Lint roller... Double check.

I just can't hate the guy anymore. Like at first I was really low about Clarett and his oft-noted escapades, but anymore I just feel sorry for the guy. He's made some a lot of horrible decisions but I still hope he can turn his life around.




I don't know, I just feel sorry him now.

After getting the boot from the UFL and spending time in prison Clarett hopes to take up rugby and join the USA team in the upcoming Olympics. Yeah, apparently rugby is a thing in the Olympics now.

When Clarett was actually in shape he was an exceptional running back and was an integral part of that Ohio State team that won a national title. His skills would no doubt have translated well to the sport.

However, he's a long way removed from that now. Clarett sued to get into the NFL early but was blocked by none other than Supreme Court judge Sonia Sotamayor (THANKS OBAMA!) He ran a very disappointing 40 and was largely overweight.

Of course this will go nowhere.

I wish he would do the smart thing and go back to school to turn his life around. But if he was smart he probably wouldn't have gotten in all that trouble to begin with.


2 comments:

  1. I second the feeling sorry for him. Maybe rugby will provide the release he's been looking for for so long ... but probs not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may provide the release for all of the grease he stored up in his body, but that's it.

      Delete