Friday, May 30, 2014

Top 5 worst fanbases in sports.


Oh my God I cannot shut up about the Heat! Well admittedly I stopped watching Game 6 tonight with about 1 minute and a half left in it, but I figured with the Heat up by about 2 million I was safe. Basically this post is just going to be listing the top 5 worst fanbases in sports in my horribly wrong opinion in not any particular order.

Miami Heat

So, first is the Heat. For one they have to be one of the most bandwagony franchises out there. I've also heard they regularly show up late and leave early as famously shown last year. Also, the way they were booing Paul George tonight was bushleague as shit.

Ohio State


This one hits home, obviously but I will be the first to admit: Ohio State fans are the fucking worst. Whether they are picking a fight with you or pouring a beer on you or fighting a ten year old for wearing maze and blue Ohio State fans have earned a reputation for being among the most obnoxious on the planet. Seriously, just type ohio state fans into google and look at the results.

This is what happens with all sorts of "entitled" fanbases and the fact that they are so huge only adds to the obnoxiousness level. If I was a parent and a any other Big 10 fan I would never bring my kid to an OSU game. Frankly, even as an OSU fan I would never bring my kid to an OSU game.

Tampa Bay Rays



Speaking of band wagon fans... Tampa Bay Rays fans might be the definition of bandwagonners. Being virtually non-existent for the first 10 years of the franchise's history as evidenced in photos such as the one here, suddenly in 2008 when the team won the pennant they had fans materialize out of nowhere!

Baltimore Ravens



Remember how Ray Lewis definitely did NOT murder anyone? Yeah, neither do I or basically every Ravens fan. This is the perfect example of a fanbase excusing virtually anything a star player does because, "Hey, it's our guy"? This is one of the worst aspects of any fanbase. Seriously, ask how many Falcons/Eagles fans don't really mind that whole Michael Vick dog fighting thing or how many Steelers fans... Roethlisberger... Forget it.

Penn State


I'd be remiss not to mention Penn State fans. Obviously this is almost entirely based off the whole Paterno thing. Like these fans were literally rioting because their head coach/child rape enabler was being removed. How fucked up is that?  I can't really add to anything to that.

I've left a ton of worthy fanbases off this list but there were the first ones to come to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment